Aims & Objectives
The Geological Engineering programme aims at providing expertise in the exploration and exploitation of natural resources and finding effective solutions to geo-environmental problems associated with the exploitation and utilization of natural resources as in mining, construction, water, petroleum and related industries.
The immediate objectives of the programme are to:
- Train competent geological engineers at all levels
- Offer consultancy services in the mining, construction, water, petroleum and related industries and
- Conduct research in the geo-environmental sciences and other related areas.
The successful graduates of the geological engineering programme shall be equipped to practise as geological engineers or geologists. They shall be in a position to:
- Appreciate and understand the role of geosciences in solving pertinent environmental problems, and
- Advise appropriate professionals/organisations (civil engineers, architects, land use planners, etc) on the application of the geosciences in their professional practice